Prom is basically a dance which is done by school students in the United States in a semi-formal way and the attire to wear in such program is known as prom dresses. The prom dresses are very different from other dresses. It is beautiful in its own way. Prom dresses are basically gowns that are fancy enough to get into such programs. There is a dance in prom and students wearing prom dresses make the program look fancy just by the outfit worn. The more beautiful the prom dress is, the more beautiful and memorable the evening will be.
Most expensive prom dress in the world:-
The most expensive prom dress was made by covering the dress with real diamonds. It is a strapless gown that is sewn in the dress by hand. Thus, a lot of hard work is done to make it. It is available in a dress store based in Philadelphia. Many girls beg their parents to buy such beautiful prom dress as it is also an official prom dress. The store that made such priciest prom dress has gained a lot of publicity for years.
The average cost of prom dress:-
As it is true that prom is celebrated by many schools as each and every year, a lot of students complete their schools whether it is high school students or the kids completing their school. Thus there is a lot of demand for prom dresses every year and the dresses are also beautiful and cost-efficient. As per the survey of 2015, it can be said that American families can spend about $919 on an average on prom-goers. In the survey of 2014, it was seen that the American families spend $978 on an average and in 2013, about $1139 is spent on prom-goers. Thus there is an increase in expenses on prom dresses which varies as per the quality and look which starts from $100 depending on the type of material used and the design on the basis of which it is made.
Tips to find the best prom dress:-
- It is advisable to look for one size bigger than the size needed because prom dresses are usually one size smaller.
- Always try the prom dress first and then buy otherwise some prom dresses doesn’t look good on each and every person.
- Take into account the size needed and the best fit according to the shape and size of the body.
- Keeping a lot of options in mind and trying them all will be a good option as one can find the most unexpected dress as the most suitable one.
- Listening to the ideas of salesperson will help a lot in finding the dress whose style has a great fit.
- Approaching friends and families will give a lot of suggestions on the dress needed.
- Starting shopping for the dress some months before will help in giving a lot of time for alterations.
- It is okay to alter or change to make the dress hemmed to the length needed.